Monday, June 18, 2007

It's been a long time.


My web mistress recently castigated me for not keeping up to date with my blog so this is an attempt at catching up.
Just got back from Sydney where I viewed the Mosaic Now touring show at the Mosman Regional Gallery. Great to see these works again after a year and good to see them in the one room this time. If you can make it go and see this show as it really is an intriguing show. Captivating works from Italian and Australian mosaicists and there are some works still for sale.
I am still working on the Mario show after the launch at the Cairns Centre for Contemporary Art.
Hopefully I will have the series complete by the end of the year. Thank you to all the people who said they got a kick out of it, I really had a lot of fun doing it. For those of you that didn't see it, the website will have it up as soon as my webmistress gets back from Vietnam.
The Upholstery Contemporary Arts held another great show on friday 8th June, called the Death Show, this was visited by approx. 650 people on the night. Check out the website to view this event and the works on display. But remember that this site is by the same webmistress who is on holiday so give it a bit of time.
If you are interested in some more dialogue, be aware that I respond to questions and all you need to do is prompt me.
Later
dom
ps.Pic is title peice " It's all good" 440x550mm glass tile on marineply.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home