Monday, June 29, 2009

The Smalti Queen.



In my travels, I always make the attempt to visit the people who work in my field. Working in isolation is often a lonely experience and therefore I am keen to attend various gatherings of peers in the form of conferences/ symposiums and the like.
It was at an International conference in Melbourne, that I met Anna Minardo. She was the one who introduced me to smalti and her work in stone and smalti is some of the best I've ever seen. Her website www.passion4mosaic.com is a great place to look at the beautiful colours and get other info.
Over the years we have become good friends and these photos were taken in her studio and shop located in Melbourne. I love capturing mosaic artists in their work space. I think that it is because these studios are usually the most interesting art spaces due to the tooling, process stages and the amazing colour that is built using thousands of small pieces.
Ciao!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home