Friday, February 12, 2010

Gaining Momentum and Reflection


The start of the year in Cairns is an intense time as the tropical heat can be hard to endure making those affected by it somewhat poached in 4 months of steamy humidity. Often business is slow and cash flows dry up waiting for people to pick up the ball and start working at their business.
I often use this time to review my past performance and sort out my usually jumbled computer in preparation for the year ahead.
I often get people telling me that I must be an extremely "patient" guy. I tell them "no, I just know how to perservere.."
This photo from the archive is of George and Nancy Fishman and myself sitting on Sonia (First Lady of Mosaics) King's lap at the poster exhibition of the AIMC in Melbourne 2004. I remember this time well as I was pretty excited to be amongst my peers in the mosaic world. It was quite incredible being able to show them my work and get some positive feedback considering that I worked in isolation, and at that time, had only just discovered what smalti was.
Now, looking back at this new kid on the block, I find myself happy to realize that I have persevered in the field and have enjoyed many successes in the realm of mosaic. I have since travelled to America to spend time with George and many others of the great fraternity of the mosaic world.
And I still have so many ideas to complete. Life is short....go hard!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sonia King said...

Fun to see this pic, Dom. I get the patience thing all the time. I tell people that I have NO patience but I do have tenacity ;-) Best, Sonia

2:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home